Here’s a fun fact about real estate lead generation:
Instagram has over 500 million users and 4.2 billion “likes” per month, which makes it one of the best digital hot spots to get your listings and real estate business noticed.
You’re probably telling yourself that because you already use Twitter or Facebook, you can let Instagram off the hook. The truth is, the engagement on Instagram is ten times higher than Facebook and the demographic is surprisingly more affluent.
It makes sense that many successful real estate agents are using Instagram to promote their business.
Why Should You Have a Real Estate Instagram?
No other social media app out there that’s more mobile than Instagram. In fact, for a long while there, you couldn’t even use it on a computer. It’s user friendly, has a kickass interface, and is filled to the brim with awesome stuff to look at.
So it’s really not surprising that the engagement level is so high when people are glued to it all day long. It’s an in-your-pocket powerhouse for real estate agents, so it’s probably time for every realtor out there to hop on the bandwagon.
Here are the top reasons why Instagram is one of the top social media platforms for real estate lead generation:
- You no longer have to compete with Zillow
- It’s easier (and quicker) to tank with a real estate hashtag than with regular SEO.
- You can make sure that your recent posts climb to the top of search results without too much of a fuss.
- You can message prospects directly without running into “spamorific” issues.
- Shoot and edit your photography on the go and within seconds.
- Instagram Stories are like addictive little press releases that really get your brand noticed.
Instagram is the 21st century’s solution to cold-calling, door-knocking, and snail-mailing. It doesn’t cost you a dime either, which is always ideal. You can also prospect on Instagram through a simple location-based search. Though we’d suggest using GoPinLeads for this. Did you know we generate social media profiles too?
You can like, comment, and tag people on posts without worrying about any weird privacy laws because pretty much everything’s public. You need to try and interact with around 20 local posts each day to build up your reputation. Just make sure you’re posting genuine comments, otherwise you’re going to look like a spammer.
Real Estate Farming on Instagram
Farming on Instagram is all about heroing the locals. You’re not trying to make your listings the ultimate star here.
It’s smart to feature and tag local businesses, hangouts, events, activities, or anything else that’s purely local. It’s all about what people want to know about the local area. You want to set yourself up as the go-to person for whats hot and happening. It’s what’ll make you the go-to agent in town.
You want to show your farm that you are their local expert; the person who champions the area at every opportunity. It’s all about the social proof, baby. You want to set yourself up as someone sellers, buyers, and referring agents want to work with.
Check Out the Figures
- 500 Million users monthly
- 300 Million users daily
- 4.2 Billion likes per day
- 216,000 photos posted every minute
- 30% Of the total US population uses Instagram
- More than half of all millennials are on Instagram every day
These are the Types of Leads Realtors Are Getting from Instagram
- Local homeowners looking to sell
- Local Buyers looking for homes in your area
- Out of town Realtors looking for referral agents in your area
- Out of town buyers looking for homes in your area
- Past clients who keep up with you online
- New clients who discover your real estate Instagram profile
- Referral clients who were tagged on Instagram by a mutual connection
At this rate, can you REALLY afford not to be on Instagram? Because the real estate game is so highly competitive, you need to stay ahead of the curve at all times – so why not use the tech that’s so readily at your disposal?